Join us on ADVANCE 5-day Summer School on Gene and Cell Therapies which will take place face-to-face June 5-9th 2023 in Ljubljana, Slovenia!
The ADVANCE 5-day Summer School will offer interactive and in-depth programme on advance therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) that offer unprecedented opportunities for the treatment of diseases and injuries. The agenda of the event follows the 4 key challenges and bottlenecks of the ATMP development cycle: Scientific & Clinical, Manufacturing, Regulatory, and HTA & Reimbursement.
- early-career biomedical academics (PhDs, Postdocs),
- doctors in training, clinician-scientists,
- pharma industry and SME-based professionals,
- regulatory affairs professionals.
Interactive programme will include:
- keynote lectures by experts in the field,
- tour of ATMP production facilities,
- hands-on activities (workshops and group assignments),
- presenting the research projects to peers,
- plenty of networking activities and social events!
Lecturers: Matjaz Jeras (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), European Medicines Agency (EMA), Luigi Aurisicchio (Takis Biotech, Italy), David Morrow (EATRIS, the Netherlands), Lucia Gabriele (Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Italy), Helena Haque Chowdhury (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Lenart Girandon (Educell, Slovenia), Grega Strban (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Mitja Kos (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Trudy Streatemans (UMC Utrecht, Nethrelands).
Registration and requirements:
- Register HERE! ,
- 30 seats available,
- A prerequisite to attending the summer school is completing the online course: “Cell & Gene Therapies – ATMP development by 15 May 2023. More info about the free, self-paced, 7-hour course can be found on EATRIS Transmed Academy website.
Costs and Logistics:
Attendance is free of charge; however, participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. Lunch and coffee breaks are also provided free of charge at the event venue by the organizers. More regarding staying in Ljubljana.
Participants who successfully complete the ADVANCE summer school will be able to apply for ECTS through the University of Ljubljana.
In case of any questions, do not hesitate to contact Dunja Urbancic: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizers and partners:
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- EATRIS, The Netherlands
- Educell, Slovenia
- Takis Biotech, Italy
- Instituto superiore di sanita, Italy
The summer school is part of the pilot project ATMP - within framework of NOO, ULTRA. The project is funded by Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Innovation RS and European Union, NextGenerationEU.