About the course
The Industrial Pharmacy postgraduate program at the University of Ljubljana is designed to equip students for careers in the pharmaceutical industry and scientific research on an advanced level. Graduates of Industrial Pharmacy may find employment in drug discovery, development, production, quality control, quality assurance and management, regulatory affairs and equipment management in the pharmaceutical sector.
The program aims to:
- give an overview of basic concepts in pharmaceutics and industrial pharmacy;
- familiarize students with a complete drug development process that leads to safe, effective and high-quality product:
- provide advanced knowledge in pharmaceutical science such as Quality by Design;
- develop a wide range of essential and transferable skills such as analytical problem solving, teamwork, organization, and information communication.
- equip students to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical industry or in other roles in the life science sector.
- give students the advanced knowledge, skills and experience to compete for sought after roles in the pharmaceutical sector.
During the course, students will have the opportunity to visit our industrial partners to get an insight into the pharmaceutical industry and the various careers available in the industry. Our modules are also supplemented by guest lectures and workshops provided by pharmaceutical companies and regulatory bodies.